2018 REGISTRATION IS FULL!
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
- $42 Alberta Bicycle Association third party liability insurance (incl. GST)
- $40 WOW Club Kick Back (+ $4 transaction fee)
Coaching support on Tuesday Beginner and Wednesday Intermediate Flow
Early registration for Sweet Skills Clinic
Early access to other events
SWAG (to come summer 2018)
what to bring / wear
- Bike (hybrids or commuters are not appropriate for mtb trails)
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Clothing for the weather
- Gloves (recommended)
- Shoes (clipless or flat and must be close toed)
- Pads/Armour (optional)
- Chamois (aka padded shorts; recommended)
what to pack (at minimum)
- Tube (26", 27.5", or 29" depending on your tire size)
- Tire pump (hand held)
- C02 cartridge
- Tire leavers
- Hydration pack / water bottle
- Bug spray
RULES OF THE TRAIL
Always be in control of your bike
Be courteous to other trail users and their pets
Leave no trace - no littering / no skidding
Plan ahead, be prepared, carry your own tools, and be self-sufficient
If poor weather conditions (rain, mud, etc) force us to cancel a Wednesday ride, we will try to host a Yoga for Cyclists session at Revolution Cycle.
Tuesday rides will not be replaced by yoga sessions.
Two or three times a month from all over the YEG River Valley! Revolution Cycle, Local Pub, Terwillegar, Sunridge, and the Muttart! Coaching you to become a more confident rider.
- NEW RIDERS caters to the rider who is new-ish to mountain biking (or cycling in general). We will focus on skill development in a relaxed and encouraging atmosphere. The goal is to get the riders on the sweet single track but always at their pace.
- EXPERIENCED caters to the riders who know how to keep the rubber down, and understand breaking and shifting. This group will work on advancing their skill to be confident on the single track.
Four times a month from all over the YEG River Valley! Revolution Cycle / Specialized, Local Pub, Terwilligar, Science Park, and The Columbian (a new cafe to YEG).
Each Wednesday we offer two groups for you to choose:
- FLOW (10-20 kms) caters to riders who are experienced for single track but might not be feeling super confident on all sections and don't want to go for a long time. Flow rides will focus on riding the trail from start to finish and offer some coaching on difficult sections.
- DISTANCE (20+ kms) caters to riders experienced with all single track and want to go the distance. Kelsey will take you on an incredible tour of the river valley.