specialized sweet skills clinic WILL RUN ALONGSIDE THE DEMO DAY!
TEST A BIKE - LEARN SWEET SKILLS - SHRED THE SINGLE TRACK
date: sUNDAY, jULY 22
demos: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm | Clinic: 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
place: capilano park (MAP)
The Specialized Sweet Skills Clinic is geared specifically for new and experienced BEGINNER riders.
- We will review proper position, shifting, braking, descending and more!
- Be prepared to tackle some rooty trails (don't worry, you'll be ready).
- We encourage all skill levels to attend. Even the advanced rider can be reminded of the basics to improve their riding (go faster!).
- Specialized will be on site with a nifty display of mountain bikes, clothing and some accessories. Everything you could need for a ride!
- NCCP and PMBI Certified coaches to teach you sweet skills
- $40 - WOW Riders (limit 10 riders)
- $60 - Non Members (limit 20 riders)
- 10:00 am - Check In
- 10:30 pm - Intros
- 10:45 am to 11:45 pm - Group Skills Sessions
- 11:45 am to 12:00 pm - Break Time (simple snacks provided)
- 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm - Trail Ride (put what you learned to the test!)
- 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm - Door Prizes and Wrap Up
WHAT TO BRING
- Mountain Bike (hybrids / commuters will not be comfortable or suitable for the trails)
- Helmet (mandatory - no exceptions)
- Shoes (no sandals)
- Hydration pack or water bottle
- Personal snack
- Gloves recommended
- Clothing for the weather
- Chamois recommended (protect the bits!)
WAIVERS / INSURANCE
- Existing WOW Riders will already have signed the waiver / have ABA Insurance
- Non-Members are required to sign their life away with our waiver (regardless if the rider has ABA Insurance with another club / ride group)