MTB Basics & Beyond
This course will get you skilled and comfortable on your mountain bike.
Best for women who have little to no experience on a mountain bike. You will learn skills in a safe, social and non-intimidating environment.
- Bike Safety Inspection
- Position and Balance (neutral, ready, climb)
- Operational Control (shifting / braking)
- Direction Control (leaning / for-aft movements - intro to cornering)
- Unweighing the front end of the bike
- + Additional skills that fit the group as riders improve!
Date: August 25
* Hoping for something earlier? Check out the Specialized Sweet Skills Clinic on July 22. OR hit me up for a private/small group lesson.
Time: 4 hours from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Cost: $80 per rider ($20 / hour)
Payment: Register online (credit card required)
Location: Edmonton - exact locations to be provided in registrant reminder email
Instructor: Natalie Rix (NCCP Trained and PMBI Certified Level 1)
Limitations: Limit 6 riders per date offered
Questions? Shoot me an email!
WHAT TO BRING / WEAR
- Mountain Bike (hybrids / commuters are not appropriate for the trails)
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Clothing for the weather
- Gloves (recommended)
- Shoes (flat sole or clip, close toed)
- Chamois (aka padded shorts; recommended but not required)
- Hydration pack / water bottle
- Bug spray