Sweet Skills MTB Basics
THIS COURSE WILL GET YOU SKILLED AND COMFORTABLE ON YOUR MOUNTAIN BIKE.
BEST FOR WOMEN WHO HAVE LITTLE TO NO EXPERIENCE ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE. YOU WILL LEARN SKILLS IN A SAFE, SOCIAL AND NON-INTIMIDATING ENVIRONMENT.
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Cost: $80 per rider ($20 / hour)
- Payment: Register online (cc required)
- Cancellation: 1 day prior
- Location: Edmonton - exact locations to be provided in registrant reminder email
- Instructor: Natalie Rix (NCCP Trained and PMBI Certified Level 1)
- Limitations: 6 riders
- Questions? Shoot me an email!
- Bike Safety Inspection
- Position and Balance (neutral, ready, climb)
- Operational Control (braking / shifting)
- Direction Control (leaning, fore-aft movements)
- Front wheel lifts
- + Additional skills that fit the group as riders improve!
WHAT TO BRING / WEAR
- Mountain Bike (hybrids / commuters are not appropriate for the trails)
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Clothing for the weather
- Gloves (recommended)
- Shoes (flat sole or clip, close toed)
- Chamois (aka padded shorts; recommended but not required)
- Hydration pack / water bottle
- Bug spray